I'm sending this out to all my Aussie Friends. I hope you and your are safe and sound. I believe this is the saddest thing I have ever heard of in my life.
The last report I've heard was over 700 homes lost and 30 people reported dead and they believe that is a low report of the deceased.
Some of these people actually died in their cars, burned to death. I just worry about our wonderful friends Australia.
Be safe and take care of each other.
I wonder if the Red Cross has set anything up for donations. Something to check into.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I checked the Australian national and Victoria government web sites. They are recommending donations to Red Cross Australia. There is a specific fire relief fund.
unfortunately cat, so far 173 have perished.
it is sickening to think several of the fires were lit by arsonists, but the police are closing in on them and i believe the authorities will do their utmost to charge the perpetrators with murder.
it is a very sad time for australia. x
That's the saddest thing you have heard of? What about the holocaust, Rawanda, child sex abuse.....
The pictures on the news of the burned out cars really sent it home to me, how bad it was.
Miss Uber, Please find your way out the way your found your way in.........No secret message here sweets, just don't care for your kind.
It's no big secret that you do not care for my friends, Aussie's or not, it's no big secret here.
I've been given notice and now you have been given the same.
Now puff and BE GONE!
I'm not a person to be FUCKED WITH. I have no patience for you and all you and your friend's
non(science).
One more thing. If your gonna leave a message on here, at least give me the same.
XL: Thank you for all your info. You are such a huge help. Since I have been blogging You have become such a wonderful friend. Thank you.
Kitty: My heart and prayers go out to you and yours. I bet all of you have been affected by one way or the other. My love to you and your doll.
Cat: It is so sad. Us being from the same area and not understanding things like this. It's just heart breaking. Hope you are doing better. I think of you often.
Uber: Boo, go away "bad witch".
It is now over 1000 homes and nearly 200 dead. I've donated money to the Australian Red Cross for the Victorian fires, but it hardly feels like I'm really doing anything. I was looking through new photos, pictures of the blue bodybags covering victims lying on the burnt out ground with ruined homes and shells of cars nearby, a dead kangaroo in the road, a dead horse in a field, and everything is black with white ash all around. It's like a scene from a nightmare. But there is no waking up and making it go away.
Steve, you and I both need to quit that....I'm doing the same everyday. Getting onto the web and looking at pictures.
Have you heard from most everyone you were worried about?
I have talked with a few and I seen where Kitty commented on here. I would just hate to hear something bad went wrong for one of our dear Aussie friends.
I'm the same with the donation thing. I feel it is a drop in the bucket compared to all the damage done.
I can't imagine someone being so cruel as to set fires and let it destroy all these people's life.
Karma is a "real bitch" and I hope she rakes havoc on these bastards!
Yes, I finally heard from them and I felt a lot better immediately. I can't think of anyone I know at this point who might be missing. I'm feeling a lot better now, although the whole thing is still fairly depressing.
I checked on my Aussie friends too, hon. Luckily, my bloggy friends aren't anywhere near the flames, thank goodness....but I pray for those others who ARE.
Post a Comment